This is advice to anyone out there looking to, "make it," in the entertainment industry:
Don't sacrifice who you are for fame and fortune.
Please, please, pleeeeease don't sell out.
Your heart is a great GPS. Follow it. Don't compromise who you are for money. Who you are is irreplaceable. To throw away your identity for money or stardom is giving up.
A friend of mine said, "I'd rather fail as myself than succeed as someone else." I couldn't have said it better myself.
I've lived my life as Danielle Brittany for 24 years. I think who I am and my style is unique and apart of a great package. Let me just say it, "By George, I like myself!"
So when someone tells me to change my look, change my name, and change who I am..... I simply say this: I can't do it. I won't do it! And if that's what it takes.... then I'm not trying hard enough or we're not thinking hard enough to bypass that garbage.
It's like when you get a new hair cut and you go home and style it the same way you've been doing your hair for years. I'll always come back to myself. No need to reinvent the wheel. It's good! I'm a firm believer in enhancing what is good.... not trying to reinvent it.
Fighting for what you believe in doesn't make you difficult. It makes you have a backbone. It makes you strong.
Don't ever let anyone tell you who you are. That's for you to decide. Every morning we all have a choice of who we want to be when we wake up. Nobody makes that choice for you.
More words of advice: The truth will always set you free. Karma is a real thing don't succumb to malicious actions or petty behavior. Harboring grudges will always keep negative energy with you. Stooping low is never the best revenge. Living your life better is. Step out of your shoes sometimes. Forgive those who violate you and try to sabotage you. Remember that sabotage is a goal of someone trying to ruin you because they are threatened by you. Pity them. Pray for them.
Stay true to yourselfs, folks!
Danielle
Thursday, July 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment